Research Assistant - summer 2020 - application period closed 7/17/20; position filled
The Power Lab
Sackler Institute for Developmental Psychobiology
Department of Psychiatry
Weill Cornell Medical College
We are recruiting a full time Research Assistant with a start date in summer 2020. The lab uses behavioral and brain imaging techniques to study how hormonal changes during adolescence, pregnancy and menstural cycles alter the brain, with a particular interest in the development and treatment of depression and anxiety. Our experiments use combinations of MRI/fMRI, NIRS, and physiological recordings to study these changes. This position should be especially attractive for people considering a career in neuroscience research, as work within our Institute spans clinical psychiatric studies, digital therapy, brain stimulation, basic human brain mapping, and rodent models.
You will play a major role in experiment development and implementation and receive training in advanced neuroimaging methods. The primary responsibilities will be the management of behavioral and neuroimaging studies. Daily responsibilities include:
- Recruitment and scheduling of child, adolescent, and adult participants
- Behavioral and brain imaging data collection
- Data processing and statistical analyses
- Training of undergraduate students
- General administration of lab finances and IRB protocols
- BA/BS in Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science or a related field.
- Previous research experience, preferably with behavioral and/or fMRI techniques.
- Well-developed organizational and interpersonal skills to work with families at the Sackler Institute for Developmental Psychobiology at Weill Cornell.
- Ability to work independently, but also working collaboratively with PhD students and postdoctoral researchers.
- Flexibility in evening and weekend availability for data collection and outreach events.
- Programming skills (e.g., MATLAB, Python) or the ability/willingness to acquire these skills.
To apply, email a CV/resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to Dr. Jonathan Power at firstname.lastname@example.org.